Friday, March 23, 2012

Swaziland, Africa.

From July 3-20, I am embarking on a wonderful mission trip with my church. I am so excited and nervous all wrapped up in the same ball of yarn. We as a church are going there for 3 weeks. Our mission is to help out the local community. Whether its to help rebuild, paint their houses, or visit the AIDS orphanage. This trip cost is 3529! Yelp, you read it right. At first, I didn't think that I could come up with this type of money at all. In fact, we were sitting in church when the pastor first told us about the trip. I looked at my mom and said "there's no way I can go, I can't come up with that type of money." And as soon as I said that, Pastor James said "I've never met a person who wants to go but wasn't able to go because of the money." At that moment my jaw literally hit the floor. I said "oh dang, I guess I got to go now" and laughed. Ever since then I have tried to rely on God and really just remind myself that I trust you God. That where there's a will theres a way. Even though it may be God's way not my own. So the first half of our money was due March 1st. That means $1664.50 was due, I already gave $200 as my deposit. I was able to give $2750. Wow! now that was totally a God thing. All I did was send out support letters to people in my email and put a box up in my moms hair salon. Don't get me wrong there was times that I doubted God and Im not proud of it at all. There was one day when my mom called me and asked if I had received anymore money through the mail and I said no, have you received anymore money at your shop and she said no. I said with a sigh okay, well Im just going to trust God that he will provide and she said thats great Britney. As soon as I walked in the door there was mail for me, I opened it and there was a $200 check for me. I said "wow, God you're pretty funny but thank you." I believe that through this mission trip God is showing me that he is faithful and I can rely on him whenever I need to and trust him in all things. See I thought this  was too big of a job for God but I lazily forgot that God is the creator of the freaking universe whats 3529 to him. He can take care of me all the days of my life and he is faithful. I can honestly say that through this mission trip fundraising I have become stronger in my faith because I truly realized that God can take care of me, he loves me, and no matter what I think is big problem and struggle in life its really not because Jesus has overcome. I now only have 384 left to go and I believe that I will receive that money because I have prayed God help me with fundraising for this trip. God's already touched people's heart to get me half way there so whats 384 to the creator of the universe?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment