Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Abstruse, word or encouragement?

Abstruse means difficult to comprehend. 


As I was thinking about what to write, my mind became blank. I am dealing with LIFE right now and its not always an easy thing. So I decided hey, lets see what the word of the day is? And wow, abstruse just hit me smack dab in the face. 


I am 17 and just got my license on Sunday. My family doesn't have a car to give me so I had to become an adult, save my money, and work 45/50 hour weeks to save up for a car. They also don't have the money to help me with my insurance and wow, is that expensive. 901, every 6 months to be specific. I started freaking out once I found out what I had to pay for insurance. I couldn't comprehend the difficulties that were going on around me. All I saw was I did what I was supposed to do and save my money so why is everything going wrong. Yesterday I went to go look at cars and test drove 4 cars. The first two were complete duds and ugly. There were obviously a NO, then I test drove the 3 car. It was a 99 Mazda 626 Lx, and it was perfect. Yes, its a 99 but it is mechanically sound and I can actually fit into the car, which is a major plus because I am 6 feet tall. Then we test drove a 2 door Lexus and wow was it fast and sweet looking. I would have to buy a new battery though and a paint job was desperately needed and again it was 2 doors. So I decided that the Lexus was not the car for me even though I really wanted it it wasn't realistic so I went with the Mazda. My dad talked the guy down to 2350 and I went to the bank to take out the money and buy my very first car. Once we got back the guy gave me sad news, that they didn't have the title. I was crushed because without a title you can't buy the car. The guy said that the guy who had the title should be bringing it buy on Friday, which means that I could have my car by Friday. This whole situation, with insurance being so expensive then my car not working out in my timing, was abstruse. 


My dad later explained that God is on my side and when times like these happen often God is saying hey rely on me and I will talk care of you. Don't fret for the Lord they God is with you. At first, I couldn't comprehend it but once I asked God to calm my spirit then I was able to. I am no longer stumped by this whole situation I am relying on the God that can and will take care of me. God knows the desires of my heart and if I lean on him, trust him, and do His will not my own he will give me the desires of my heart. In the bible it states ask and ye shall receive. Well I am asking the King of the whole world, my Father, to please allow this situation to be in my favor. I believe that come Friday I will get the 99 Mazda 626 Lx and if not God will send an even better car my way. Whats a little money and a title compared to my God who holds the universe in my hands, its nothing.


This may be my situation and what I am dealing with but it can apply to anything. Don't be discouraged because you are abstruse by a situation, ask your heavenly Father and as long as you're doing what you're supposed to do and following God's will, He will take care of you. This may have been the word of the day but I believe that this is the encouragement for life. Take care! 

No comments:

Post a Comment