Monday, February 20, 2012

Encouragement

"Sometimes, you have to give up on people, not because you don't care but because they don't."

We all have that one person in our lives that we just keep on going back to even if there not good for us. Their love is our drug and we are addicted to it. These people have a negative hold on us if we allow them to. More than often they are people that are the closest to us. I have a person in my life who is a negative influence on me and now he's on probation but I love him to much to stay away. We've known eachother forever quite literally and I know that he needs me right now. I can't give up on him because he has never given up on me. When were stuck in predicaments like this I say stay by his/her side, don't grow weary that they'll never change but also seperate yourself from them. Keep talk encouraging and to a minimum, like on the phone, only text or call  him/her once a week instead of everyday. And when you do this don't allow your focus to be on the negative but ask how he/she is doing and give them encouragement. They don't need someone to go along with them they need someone to tell them whats right and offer them a ray of sunshine in there day of rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment